Historica’s Document and Record Order Form
Use the form below to order copies of records (wills, marriage licenses, pension files, military service records, etc), and H-Packs. To request research or copies from our library holdings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The order form requires your name, email address, the Image ID# (found in our indexes) and a brief description of the image (include the surname, a date, and the county/state the image is from so that we can confirm the image id # matches the documents you are seeking). For H-Packs, enter the File Order# in the IMG/File# box and confirm the surname in the description box …there is no other information needed. We will transcribe documents excluding H-Packs) for an additional fee. Transcription adds to the time it takes to complete your order.
We are required to charge sales/use tax in some jurisdictions and therefore need your ZIP code and county.
By default we provide digital images. You can request paper copies or both digital and paper copies (paper copy rate + $6) by selecting the delivery type you’d like in the drop down menu. The default option is digital image…if this is your choice, no action is needed.
After your order is submitted, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. If you are not redirected, your order did not go through. If you experience a problem, or if you simply do not like order forms, please email your request to us at email@example.com.
Current Rates for Records
- Digital Images-$10 for up to 25 pages; $15 for up to 50 pages; records over 50 pages are an additional $5 per 10 page increment
- Paper Copies- Records of 10 pages or less are $10; between 11 and 50 pages, $15; 51 and more pages, $15 plus 15 cents per page over 50.(Assessed per record ordered)
- Paper copies are sent via USPS. Orders of up to 50 pages can be sent 1st Class for approximately $3.75 or Priority Mail Flat Rate for $5.75. Orders over 50 pages are automatically sent Priority Flat. If you need overnight shipping, please let us know.
- Transcription – 1st 3 pages, $6; each additional page, $1.75. Applied to total number of pages requested. For example, if you request transcripts of 3 one-page records, the fee is $6. If you request transcripts of 3 records and record 1 is 2 pages, record 2 is 4 pages, and record 3 is 4 pages, the fee would be $13 ($6 for 1st 3 pages + $7 for additional pages [4 x $1.75])
- H-Packs are priced based upon the number of sources the pack includes. Prices are found in the index. A pack can take 2 to 4 weeks to compile.